Ticks are becoming more and more prevalent in North America, and they’re now being found in areas where people and pets didn’t previously encounter ticks. Even indoor-only pets are at risk because ticks can hitch a ride inside on your clothing or shoes. These parasites aren’t just a nuisance; they can cause serious—and sometimes deadly—diseases.
- Diseases caused by ticks include Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, babesiosis, ehrlichiosis, and tick paralysis
- Contact us immediately if your pet starts coughing or has joint pain, trouble breathing, fever, weakness, or loss of appetite, weight, energy, or coordination
- Ticks can hide under your pet’s fur, so as an added measure of protection, we recommend checking your pet for ticks every time your pet comes in from outside
- Tick preventives are safe and effective at controlling ticks and the diseases they carry
- Some preventives kill ticks after they’ve come in contact with your pet so don’t panic if you find a tick on your dog or cat
- Call us to get your pet protected today and don’t hesitate to ask us any questions you might have!